What Love Is

 



Why is it so
That my heart speaks your language
Every word, every syllable as if spoken by you, for you
Holding on to your little finger while walking alongside you, 
If this isn't love, then what is? 

Staring at you, when you're not looking
trying to fill you in my eyes
If this isn't love, then what is? 

Waiting for you patiently, believing every word you say, 
If you call it night, 
for me it can't be day. 

Not starting first when dining with you,
Wait to eat out of your hand, 
Longing for your caress, 
Living in some dreamland.

Making choices with your opinions in mind, 
With you I let myself unwind
Gave you all I thought was mine, 
Like the moon I let you shine.
Saw what nobody else could see, 
For you I put my heart on the line. 

For you I'd let go of the world. 
In you I found my bliss, 
With you, I fly, a free bird,
If this isn't love, what is?

Comments