Lost, But Not Found



There used to be a different time
I knew what I wanted to do, what I wanted to be
Now I just feel lost

Lost for words when on a call
Lost for smiles when I see a baby
Lost for meaning when I read
Lost, for purpose. 

Don't feel the need to wake up anymore
Every morning, a task
Lost for power to run the day
Lost, for drive. 

Days pass by
No mirrors, no efforts
Lost for the twinkling eyes
Lost, for all beauty. 

Going around with eyes full
Ready to brim over
Rain, are you just outside?
Insides dry as deserts
Lost for all thirst--
both knowledge and love.
Lost, for existence.

And then one day
Peace is found
When death wraps
 it's arms around

All that mattered, is nothing,
All that running, for nothing
All those dreams, wiped off
All those tears, for nothing. 

Left behind is an eerie silence
That bespoke a thousand words
Lost for applause at the subtle show
Lost, nothing is heard. 

And when we can't value the living mind,
When we can't honour, the loving, the kind
They shared their sorrows,
But we were blind,
And one fine day we're left far behind. 

And that is how
We end the strife
Lost for breathing,
Lost, for life.

Comments